|Overview ||Content Management ||Subscription Services ||Web Management ||Shopping Cart ||Data Center |
t’s very exciting that we have released our Ecommerce package. Before Lynx Ecommerce we only offered our web import module which does a great job of importing web orders – but we wanted more. We wanted a system that would:
Allow your subscribers to review their subscription and view their status, expire date and payment status without having to call you.
We wanted subscribers to be able to renew their subscriptions 24/7 without taking up your customer service time.
We wanted subscribers to be able to make a payment for an order, even if ordered by mail or phone.
We wanted subscribers to be able to make their own name and address changes.
We also wanted donors to be able to manage their gift subscriptions, and Group Billing Masters to be able to manage their groupsincluding renewing selected subscribers as well as name and address changes. All without your help.
We wanted an easy way for subscribers to report lost or stolen issues and deal with other customer service issues as well as suggest articles and communicate to the editor.
We wanted a way for subscribers to have “Subscriber Only” areas and downloads which can support multiple levels of membership like Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
We wanted a way for you to offer opt-in email for multiple free newsletters to attract prospects as well as edit and send the email on your website via a built-in autoresponder to aid in the creating of relationships.
We also wanted users to be able to order non-subscription products like back issues, T-Shirts, special reports and be able to subscribe to access to special data areas.
We want your subscribers to be able to donate to multiple causes (if appropriate).
We wanted the ability for subscribers to buy and download electronic products (PDF’s, software, music, etc.), and purchase recurring subscriptions (for example $17 per month for access).
We wanted to ability to manage email campaigns based on the subscribers’ expire date.
And we did all of that and more!
Here’s the way it works. You receive a subscription in the mail. It’s entered into First Edition, then at a cycle you select, the order migrates to your website via our new LynxSync. LynxSync assigns the new subscriber a username and password which is optionally emailed to your subscriber with your welcome message. He can then log on to your web site and enjoy all the privileges mentioned in my list above.
Or, when a new subscriber subscribes from your web site (rather than through the mail), she chooses her user name and password, pays through one of our 50 plus payment gateways which is then deposited directly into your bank. Then the new “Pending” status order migrates, via LynxSync from the web to First Edition on your desktop, where, based on your business rules, the order is imported as a new First Edition subscription (or renewal or payment or change of address). And since new orders always migrate to the web, this new order also migrates back with its new status and expire date. Data synchronizations can occur hourly, daily, weekly, or at any interval you want.
Rather than reinvent the wheel, we determined that a far better approach was to use an existing open source framework that lent itself to both subscriptions and custom programming. A system that has great username/password security, exceptional content management, and offered advanced SEO (Search Engine Optimization). After many tests of open source frameworks like Drupal, Word Press, Zope and Joomla, we finally settled on DotNetNuke (DNN), a Microsoft based framework using Microsoft’s membership roles for security and Microsoft SQL Server as its database engine. It’s fully programmable and has over 575,000 registered users. As an example, TV Guide chose DotNetNuke for their website.
DNN is a world class framework, supported not only by Lynx Media, but by DNNs’ core team, user groups, online forums, resource portals and a network of companies who specialize in DNN. DotNetNuke utilizes cutting edge technology like ASP.Net, Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Server, and IIS. DNN can also be easily localized for multi-language support, and hundreds of developers offer third party modules for almost any need while a huge number of talented designers offer thousands of inexpensive DNN skins (look and feel plug-ins) that can create beautiful, award winning websites.
DNN enjoys a very active support group and hundreds of designers and programmers who specialize in DNN. It’s powerful – allowing multiple – portals (multi-publication) from a single install. It includes world class content management while hundreds of third party modules are also available. These include RSS, news ticklers, document/news articles management and archiving, classified ads, events, announcements, YouTube viewers, image galleries, email/newsletter management, SEO management and marketing, , Goggle Ad Sense and Analytics, testimonials, job listings, business directories, banner management and much more.
Since management and page production is handled through a web browser, there is no need for in-house programmers or knowledge of HTML or FTP. The management of articles can be achieved by writers in remote locations, viewable by only the editor and the writer until approved for publication.
We’ve also tested hundred of 3rd party modules and have invested in master license purchases so as to offer our clients the best of class modules as part of a Lynx Media package. And to this, we’ve added our on Subscriber Services web programs (new orders, renewing, payments, customer service, etc.) which uses the latest technologies (such as Ajax) along with our LynxSync to keep your website and First Edition databases synchronized.
Our shopping cart supports almost any product type and includes support for recurring subscriptions, assignment of roles, and the download of electronic product. It supports more than 50 payment gateways from Pay Pal (standard and pro) to Authorize.net, from 2CheckOut to Verisign Payflow, from WorldPay to Protx, as well as manual (off-line) credit card processing. It supports unlimited ship-to addresses, with tax zones, real-time rate calculations for USPS, FedEx, Airborne, and DHL and even has customer wish lists.
All in all, we feel this is destined to be the one of the very best solutions available for publishers’ websites. Now if you would like to take a look at a web demo, then send me an email at email@example.com, or call me at 1-800-451-5969 ext 107.
Since our beginning in 1987, Lynx Media has specialized in subscription management.
- LynxSync which syncs up your webiste with your First Edition database as well as synch web orders to your First Edition Database. First time synch can assigned temporary user name/password which can be automatically emailed to subscriber.
- Subscriber web orders and renewals.
- View my subscriptions and payments.
- Subscriber self service of name/address management, ship to address, and snowbird address.
- Donor self-management of gifts and groups, with the ability to view doner/group members and renew them on site.
- Subscriber payments.
- Vacation Suspend
- Vacation Addresses (Snowbird)
- Customer service feedback email for dup copies, torn/missing issues, letter to the editor.
- Unlimited demographics, ideal for audited publications (ABC/BPA/Verified).
- Automatic recurring subscriptions.
- Free Opt-in newsletters with subscriber opt-out, and opt-in management.
- Email management with open rate tracking.
- Newsletter products and schedule mailing to subscribers.
Utilizing the DNN Framework, 3rd party modules, and Lynx Media sofware, website management has never been easier.
- Browser based management and setup.
- User/subscriber management - add, delete, edit, find, list.
- Add your own user profile fields - perfect for demographics.
- Horizontal or vertical user defined menus.
- Pages limited only by disk space usage.
- Built in site submit to Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft.
- Easily add site logo.
- Manage banners with auto repeat on multiple pages
- Built-in style CSS style sheet editing.
- SSL support (you must purchase from GoDaddy, Veri)
- Built-in Skin management for each page and container.
- Easily add, delete, or move pages, assigning it to top menu or to another page as a child.
- Add and assign security roles.
- Users Online allows you to see who is online in your portal, and see membership counts.
- XML/XSL module
- File manager for uploading, downloading, deleting, copying and moving files.
- Manage authenication including the use of Captcha.
- Event view to view and manage log files with optional notification of exceptions by email.
- Built-in scheuduler for recurring events such as newsletter or email sending.
- Redirects users who are not yet registered to [login/register] page if they try to checkout
Lynx Ecommerce comes setup with a smart shopping cart
- Multilingual, search engine optimised
- Programmed to work with First Edition.
- Unlimited products.
- Support for electronic, downloadable products.
- Recurring subscription billings.
- Unlimited Categories and sub-categories.
- Bundled products and tickets.
- Tax/Vat zone management.
- Loyalty points.
- Email promotion.
- Database synchronization with portals.
- Electronic product download support. Data Pool for license keys. Download counter; Select maximum number a file can be accessed/downloaded from the order details page, select number of days beginning from the date of the first access after which a download link will be disabled on the order details page; Download files for product variants; DRM (Digital Rights Management) support (DRMNetworks): DRM Networks provides an economical, easy-to-use, turnkey solution for the secure packaging, licensing and selling of digital media.
- Media Gallery You can add an unlimited number of video-, music-, flash-, software-, image- and downloadable files, external links and links to a page in your site to each product. The user can listen to music files, watch video files, show video / audio demonstrations and images which are displayed in the integrated media player, flash player, image viewer or a custom media viewer / player and can download files. Restrict view permissions of links by user roles. Select download files for product variants.
- Item based donations You can optional allow users to give as much as they want for a product, and likewise enable them to set their own price. This can be used for donations or if you .publish any items for free and want to allow your friends to pay something if they want to honor your work
- Language packages for English, German, Portuguese, Danish, Greek, French, Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Arabic, and Dutch.
- Inventory Tracking.
- Wish list.
- Buy it now.
- Quanity discounts, customer discounts, retail and wholesale pricing. Percentage or fixed rate discounts and pricing depending on categories, role membership, user, date, coupons, billing period, cart amount.
- All orders are stored in a SQL database so customers can view, search and browse personal order history and order details.
- Customizable e-mail notifications/orders/invoices/credit notes/quotations
- Printable invoices, credit notes, quotations and order receipts.
- Unlimited ship-to addresses, Business profile.
- Affiliate programs
- Shipping labels with editable layout can be printed.
- Backorders allowed.
- Sales Statistics includes detailed Sales Reports and Profit Report.
- Tax Zones. Calculate the tax depending on client's location and products. Specify tax rate for countries, regions, cities, ZIP match codes and products. Define Tax Zones and assign these Tax Zones to several items(Product-specific taxes). Also support for Canadian taxes as well as "Tax exempt" capability.
- Calculation of freight costs item based, for first item and following items (the same or different products in the same delivery), Or charge flat rate and Offer free shipping / Free of charge if total goods price equal a certain amount. Mark products as Free Shipping.
- Real time freight charges calculation depending on weight and dimensions of items.
- Real-time rate calculation and package tracking with United Parcel Service (UPS) and UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE (USPS). Support for UPS negotiated rates and overweight packages.
- Real-time rate calculation and tracking with United States Postal Service (USPS), Federal Express (FedEx), DHL WorldWide Express (DHL), AirBorne Express (Airborne) and Canada Post - or any combination of the above - even at the same time!
- Conway freight rating support. (required .netSHIP control which is separately sold.
- Real-time Credit card processing with SSL support integrates the following payment gateways:
- Authorize.Net eCheck
- PayPal Website Payments Pro
- PayPal standard
- Banca Sella / GesPay
- Cardia service version)
- Cardia popup version)
- NAB (National Australia Bank)
- Protx VspDirect
- Protx VspServer
- Protx VspForm
- Verisign PayflowLink
- Australian Verisign PayflowLink
- Verisign PayflowPro
- Australian Verisign PayFlowPro
- Verisign PayflowPro v4
- Australian Verisign PayFlowPro
- PBSFuzion (dankort)
- TWYP E-Commerce (de internetkassa van de ING Bank)
- Secure Hosting
- ePDQ Barclaycard Business, Barclays Bank PLC
- Google Checkout
- Commonwealth Bank Of Australia
- Ogone iDeal
- Internet Secure
- Westpac Web Advantage
- Authorize.Net Automated Recurring Billing™ (ARB)
- In addition the following payment gateways can be used via .netCHARGE control (separately sold): NaviGate, Realex Payments, HSBC UK, InnovativeGateway/Merchant (Quickbooks), SecurePay, YourPay, Concord, CyberSource, Trust Commerce, OptimalPayments, ESecPayments, Vital / Visanet Native, PlugnPay, Paymentech Native, Processor, Paymentech Orbital Gateway, Echo, Moneris, Nova Native Processor, Bank Of America, LinkPoint, Itransact, PayReady, VerisignPayflowLink, Intellipay, viaKLIX (Nova), Ecx, PlanetPayment, Mcps, Cybercash, SkipJack, Itransact, PayReady, NetBilling, ioNgate, PSiGate, PayCom, ePoch
- Manual (offline) credit card processing Option (only Credit Card data will be saved during checkout, no connection to CC Gateway)
Lynx Ecommerce is a Lynx Media hosted service. Here are some of the features of our web hosting service Partner.
Three datacenters are utilized and located throughout the midwest United States located in Nebraska, South Dakota, and Missouri. The facilities and locations are free from the natural disasters such as floods, hurricanes, earth quakes, and power shortages that plague other datacenters throughout the world.
All servers are run from these Category 5 Datacenters - which means that the datacenter can withstand a direct hit from the worst tornadoes and still operate just fine.
Only the most reliable DELL servers with the fastest and redundant networks, redundant hard drives, redundant power, and dual processors. Also, the RAID1 hard drives provide a 24/7 "instant mirror" backup of your data that protects against hardware failure. If a hard drive dies, it can be replaced without rebooting the server and without interrupting your service
. Dual processors, dual power supplies, and the network team allow the servers to keep running just fine in the event of any hardware failure.
- 150 nightly optimizations
Unlimited child portals
Easily backup and schedule auto-backup.
Dedicated Application Pool
Unlimited DNS records
Unlimited Email accounts
SMPT, POP3 & Webmail
Publish Backups to remote FTP
Copper and fiber access to carrier bandwidth using cable management trays throughout building. Dual entrances into building with major carriers providing multiple CO redundancy and fiber access to primary carries
Four local SONET fibers provide redundant carrier\neutral fiber access (AT&T, Level 3, Qwest, and COX). Redundant tier one internet bandwidth. Managed by Route Science Path Control
Network Infrastructure. Fully redundant Carrier class Cisco core routing and switching equipment.
Dell servers are highly optimized for speed. Servers start with
4 Gig of Ram, Dual-Gigabit Redundant Network Team,
Two 3ghz Dual Core HyperThreaded XEON Processors (that's 24GHZ!) Their servers run over 24 times faster than typical servers provided by typical web hosts. Combine that with their dual-gigabit Redundant Network Team and they're really able to push data ultra-fast.
Click on picture to pop-up larger picture. Click again to pop-down.
|Content Management Pictures ||Subscription Service Pictures ||Web Management Pictures ||Shopping Cart Pictures ||Data Center Pictures |
Easily take surveys and collect information about your subscribers or use surveys results as a valuble content for readers which helps build your community.
Annoucements can be self-contained or linked to any URL or a website page. Includes publish date (when it will appear) as well as an expire date and view order.
Blogs helps you communicate personality to your community. Also it a great Search Engine Optimizing technique - Google loves blogs.
FAQ's answer your most Frequently Asked Questions - both educating your subscriber and lowering customer service calls.
File management allows you to manage your website by creating directories and uploading files.
Easily add HTML articles and news right from you website. Or paste in from your editor or MS Word. No need to learn HTML to build your website.
News content management allows you to easily create, publish and archive news articles. Allow writers to submit articles and editors to approve them for publication (allow all to see)
Easily create a newsletter or email to registered users by role.
Lynx Ecommerce is fully skinable (look and feel CSS and Images) from thousands of inexpensive skins available for Dot Net Nuke.
Skins come with multiple containers that allow you to add variety to your website.
Select some or all of dozens of social bookmarks that allow your readers to share your content with their friends.
The News Tickler scroll multiple messages.
Subscriber or member-only areas or sections are easy to define by role by page or module.
A full ranges of subscription services are available for your subscribers - change the wording and order if you like.
Demographics for audits such as BPA/ABC/Verified or for marketing segmentation. Your custom demographics are setup for you by Lynx Media.
Here is the profile of a controlled subscription. Demographics are your demographics, setup for you by Lynx Media.
Your customer can easily notify you of missed or duplicate issues. Each subject in the pull-down is user defined to say anything you wish. And each subject can also have it's own email address. For example customer service sent to firstname.lastname@example.org while letters to the editor go to email@example.com, and so on.
Your subscribers may easily renew. And their renewal term and prices are database driven so that you can easily show prices for USA versus outside USA, Trial offer renewals, Group special prices, Edition prices (Print versus Electronic) and much more.
By clicking the edit button, a subscriber can update his or her own address. That saves your customer service a phone call and data entry time.
Each subscriber can easily edit their own ship-to address. Of course a blank ship-to simply uses the bill-to address.
Subscribers who go south for the winter (Snowbirds) can enter a temporary or permament snowbird address. Doing the snowbird date range, First Edition will substitute the snowbird address for the normal ship-to address.
Subscribers may enter or clear a vacation suspend date range.
You subscriber can easily edit their privacy settings.
Your subscriber who subscriber by a bill-me mail-in card, can pay for his subscription on your web site.
Group Billing Master is assigned their own role, allowing them to add new members to the group, edit group addresses, or renew group subscriptions.
Now sell recurring subscriptions on-line for publications or web access. And it supports multiple levels - I.E., Silver, Gold, Platinum.
Subscribtion offers are dynamic, based on user country, source, edition, copies, group, and/or postage.
Blogging, which is connected to your website, is content that search engines love and helps you improve your SEO.
Forums allow you to create communities who come to your website which establishes your publication as the leading authority on your subjects.
Easily upload files, create directories, and move things around with the built in file manager.
Administrators define and assign roles for different user groups, such as: registered users, subscribers, content providers, affiliates, media, etc.
Easily setup authenication.
Includes a multi-language localization feature which allows administrators to easily translate their projects and portals into any language.
Login using Microsoft's Membership Roles and can be easily customized with your buttons and look.
All data fields of each user come ready to fit Lynx Media's First Edition and P.O.S.T. as well as offer demographics.
Easily manage users - force password changes, add roles, add/delete users and more.
Registration is completely customizable - collect just basic info or capture a complete address and demographics.
Manage and create newsletters and send them to selected roles either at once or scheduled.
Set up products, categories, recurring subscriptions. Email product buyers with new offers and more.
Set up products, categories, subscriptions as well as export.
Enable Ajax and manage advanced features and options.
Live shipping calculations by connection to your web account at USPS, FedEx, UPS and Airborne.
Create a sales reports based on date range, customer vendor or many other selections.
A rich setup allows all types of products including donations.
Setup recurring subscriptions term and prices
Full featured shopping cart with bill-to and multiple ship-to's
Subscription orders detail pub code and subscriber ID for renewals.
Ship-to can be same as bill-to or choose from multiple previous ship-to's
You may optionally require acceptance of your terms.
Our Category 5 Datacenter can withstand
a direct hit from the worst tornadoes
Copper and fiber access to carrier bandwidth using cable management trays throughout the building
All critical infrastructure components are monitored using SNMP management tools
Four SONET fibers provide redundant carrierfiber access (AT&T, Level 3, Qwest, and COX)
Redundant tier one internet bandwidth managed by Route Science
AT&T, MCI, Qwest, Global Crossing,
Alltel, Sprint, Cox and Level 3
Dual entrances into building multiple CO redundancy and fiber access